Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Junior Platform Administrator
at A1 Placement
A fast-paced entrepreneurial company that provides technology solutions to small and mid-sized businesses has an immediate need for a Junior Platform/System Admin to join their team in Pittsburgh.
What You Will Do: Install and configure internal and customer facing servers and communication systems. Proactively manages and maintains servers and communication systems. Administers and supports core Microsoft, VMware, and LifeSize. Implement monitoring, configuration management and reporting functions that will make a hands-off environment. Provide after-hours support for server and communication systems related emergencies and well occasional weekend maintenance. Maintain inventory and asset configuration documentation. Assist with hardware, telecom, and software vendor evaluation, recommendation and negotiations. Carry out special tasks at management’s direction. Interact with customers and staff at the technical level, as required. Other duties, as required. Documents, tracks and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution. May require an associate degree in a related area and 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Customer Service
- Communication – explain technical process in clear, easy-to-understand terms
- Listening – performs active listening to get clear understanding of issue
- Teamwork – Works well with others and mentality is of the team not of themselves
- Positive attitude
- Process Improvement
- Associates degree in computer sciences (or related area) preferred
- Microsoft Certifications (MCP) or equivalent certification in relevant programs desired
- Knowledge of Windows Server (2008/2012/2016)
- Knowledge of Windows desktop Operating Systems (7/10)
- Manage in excess of 85 Windows Server infrastructure
- Manage server virtualization technologies like VMWare Server / ESXi / Nutanix
- Group Policy management
- Active Directory / LDAP user and group administration
- Print Server Administration