Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Intelligence Developer
at A.C. Coy
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Information Technology
Our client, a leader in their industry, is actively seeking a Business Intelligence Developer for a contract to hire opportunity in the Moon Township, PA area. The Business Intelligence Developer provides lead technical expertise and direction in developing and supporting an enterprise business intelligence platform, interfacing with the various business units across the organization on their reporting and analytic needs. This individual participates in all phases of the development life cycle. This candidate is also responsible for defining standards, production support and maintenance of the BI environment, and works with the team on system performance optimization and interoperability issues. Above all, this individual makes certain that the reporting and analytic solutions meet business objectives and builds a high level of user trust and confidence in the BI group's knowledge of and concern for the users' business needs.
- Communicate with all lines of business to determine their needs and define the most appropriate BI solutions.
- Document requirements and build reports according to those requirements.
- Designs and develops dashboards, scorecards, charts, pivot tables, reports, and reporting systems according to business requirements
- Deliver adhoc reports under tight deadlines, as needed by the business.
- Determines required Microsoft business intelligence components (SQL, SSRS, SSIS, Power BI, Excel…) to meet reporting requirements
- Works with business analysts and other developers on design of technical solutions
- Estimates technical effort required to deliver assigned tasks
- 3 Years Work Experience in BI Development Role
- Fluency with Microsoft SQL is a must.
- Ability to create efficient and professional parameterized reports that include tables, matrixes, charts, and sub reports using key indicators. (SSRS)
- Knowledge of creating drill-down and dashboard reports (Power BI)
- Development/support of MS SQL server code including complex SQL queries, stored procedures, views, and functions with an understanding of performance factors such as indexes, T-SQL techniques, execution plans and statistics
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge
- Microsoft SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS, (SSAS, PowerApps, and Microsoft Flow a plus)
- Ability to create and manage reports in Microsoft PowerBI including PowerBI Desktop and PowerBI service.
- Knowledge of data mashing procedures using PowerBI
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Information Technology