Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Director - Major Projects / Heavy Civil Engineering
Atkins Infrastructure business are looking to appoint an Associate Director to provide technical leadership and develop new and current opportunities for heavy civil engineering designs across our major projects. This specific opportunity will have a focus on the South West of England, with projects including Hinkley Point C, Horizon, Devonport and Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon.
The Infrastructure business provides multidisciplinary engineering services and integrated solutions across a wide range building and infrastructure projects. Drawing upon a diverse skill set and a proven track record of delivery we are playing a leading role in some of the world's most challenging and exciting engineering projects. We pride ourselves in offering a truly multi-disciplinary working environment and bring exciting opportunities to influence a project from beginning to end.
This key post will be based out of our Bristol office and will offer a challenging and rewarding opportunity to apply knowledge, experience and problem solving skills whilst providing good opportunities for career development. If you have a passion for engineering and want to understand where a career with Atkins might lead then we would like to hear from you.
• Design Team Leader for civil and structural designs
• Expanding the Atkins business and assisting with the delivery of business targets
• Working with our key clients to maintain and develop excellent professional relationships which can secure repeat business;
• Preparing bids, draft and negotiate consultancy contracts
• Provide leadership from both a technical delivery and people management perspective
• Coordinating with global resource leaders within Atkins to share work and to work collaboratively across the Atkins Group;
• Liaison with clients around technical solutions to heavy civil engineering challenges
• Production and review of designs for projects in accordance with relevant design standards and codes
• Leadership of technical aspects of bids and estimating manning requirements
• Management of sections / projects to programme and budget
• Management and development of engineers and technicians
• Chartered Civil / Structural Engineer or equivalent with significant experience of heavy civils / structures commissions on large infrastructure projects including site based implementation
• Market sector experience across a range of Infrastructure projects but ideally some exposure to Energy projects
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• A supportive and encouraging approach to mentoring less experienced members of the team
• Understands and has experience in deploying various forms of construction contract, in particular NEC3
• Proven ability to keep control in pressed situations, deliver work within set timeframes and create a well motivated team and ability to find solutions to complex organisational problems
• Knowledge of current design codes relating to Civil and Heavy Civil Engineering
• Extensive reinforced concrete design experience
• Specialist blast and structure design (desirable)
• Experience of seismic design (desirable)
• Proven track record in design delivery
• Proven track record of successful Client Management
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.