Diamond B Construction Co, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MECHANIC - HEAVY EQUIPMENT (FIELD)
at Diamond B Construction Co, LLC
Diamond B Construction, a leading provider of highway, street, road, bridge, airport and many other types of high quality construction in Louisiana is currently seeking placement for the following position:
Field Mechanic to join our crews in the Monroe, LA areas.
- Competitive Wages
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance ($10K) with additional Life Insurance Options
- Long-Term Disability Insurance Options
- 401K with competitive Company Match
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Medical HRA Account
- Vacation Pay
- Earned Sick Leave Program
- Strong Safety Culture
- Examining heavy equipment and diesel engines, at the Project Site and shop, to determine the nature and extent of damage/malfunction.
- Repairing and maintaining heavy equipment and diesel engines as well as moving /operating of various pieces of heavy equipment are part of the Field Mechanics scope of work.
- Maintaining inventory of shop materials and working with management to make necessary orders of parts and materials
- Ability to operate heavy equipment of various sizes and types
- Cleaning and performing daily/preventative maintenance on assigned equipment and tractor trailers
- Performing other duties on the jobsite when equipment is not in operation, as to add to efficiency of our overall operation
- Following all safety policies and PPE use
- Ability to work outdoors in high heat
- Ability to lift and carry weights up to 50 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to walk and stand on uneven surfaces for long periods of time
- Ability to operate designated equipment and company vehicles by safe use of levers, knobs, handles and peddles, steering mechanisms
- Ability to stoop, bend and climb as needed
- Ability to read, see and understand signs, signals, commands, instruction and safety policie
- Must have minimum of 5 yrs. experience with heavy equipment maintenance and repair; or degree/certification in heavy equipment maintenance
- Ability to move and simulate operation of heavy equipment as is needed to troubleshoot and test
- Clear driving record and valid driver’s license needed to operate assigned mechanic’s truck
- CDL Class A or B preferred but not required
- Must have own set of basic tools. Company provides specialized and additional tools as needed
CANAAN LEASING AND DIAMOND B ARE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERS. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age (40 and over), religion or national origin, disability, veteran or other protected status.
This Work Scope /Job Description are a general description of the basic job function, skills, knowledge and abilities, and the general duties of the position. The Work Scope does not necessarily include all the duties which may be required of an equipment operator. Work Scopes may be revised as needed.
Qualified candidates should apply at https://jobs.diamondb.com