Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Quick Action Machine Operator
at Elliott Group
- Job ID
- # Positions
To set up and operate various machines to quickly provide parts for Service, Apparatus, and to provide machining support for all areas.
- Receives instruction from supervision.
- Works from drawings, sketches, work order books and verbal instructions.
- Lays out work and makes sketches of parts, as required.
- Sets up various machines by installing and adjusting tools, setting stops, setting feeds and speeds, etc.
- Positions part in machine.
- Performs various turning, boring, facing, milling, drilling, reaming, tapping, sawing, slotting, chamfering, grooving, spot facing, grinding, operations, etc.
- Checks part with measuring devices.
- Stamps identification on component parts.
- Cleans, deburrs, laps, polishes, etc. Assembles and disassembles parts as required.
- Modify or create new fixtures, tools, balance arbors, balance plates and drive adaptors, adjusts, changes and dresses tools, as required.
- Grinds tools from blanks.
- Dismantles, repairs and reassembles production components and equipment, where possible.
- Uses jib hoist or pendant crane as required.
- Lubricates machines as required, wipes and keeps machine, tools and work place clean.
- Maintains good housekeeping by keeping tools, material and equipment in proper place.
- Reports defective material and equipment to supervision.
- Observes all safety rules.
- Assembles sealing rings and strips.
- Operates riding work saver.
- Reverse engineering and create drawings for manufacturing requirements.
- Research, design and create new tool drawings for manufacturing requirements.
- Manufacture, modify, re-sharpen tooling in support manufacturing.
- Inspect rework parts, gather data and advise engineering on the best procedure to correct out of tolerance dimensions.
- Plot locations using a conversational and NC control unit on a lathe (horizontal/ vertical) and mill (horizontal/vertical).
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Must be willing and able to work all shifts
Must be willing and able to work overtime, weekends and holidays
Elliott is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the federal, state or local laws of the United States. Elliott is a drug free workplace.
No agency submissions please. NOTE: Resumes submitted to any Elliott Group employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the Elliott Group recruiting team will become the property of Elliott Group and no search fees will be paid.