Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MEDICAL ASSISTANT - WEEKEND CLINIC - LATROBE/GREENSBURG/NORWIN - CASUAL
at Excela Health
Performs basic direct patient care activities, such as lab tests. Treatments, and medication administration. These are performed under the direction of the Nurse Manager, RN Supervisor, RN and/or the physician in preparation for the patient's examination and treatment. Carries out clerical activities, quality control activities, performance improvement initiatives, etc. in support of the physician practice as assigned.
- Regular, consistent, on-site, and timely attendance.
- Delivers direct and indirect patient care in accordance with hospital/physician practices policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Assists to collects patient healthcare data, including VS, weight, chief complaint and pain assessment as directed
- Completes patient care treatments and testing as ordered.
- Complies with completeness, accuracy and timeliness of documentation.
- Maintains a collaborative relationship with the physicians/nurses to achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Prepares patients for examinations, treatments, and procedures.
- Communicates pertinent information of actual or potential problems to the physician or nurse.
- Assists the physician with treatments and procedures as requested.
- Performs clerical functions in support of patient care and office functions.
- Answers telephone calls, taking accurate messages and relaying them to the appropriate staff.
- Obtains and verifies accurate patient demographic and insurance information entering it into the billing system.
- Accurately enters codes, based on diagnosis given, and enters codes and charges into billing system.
- Completes forms and letters necessary for continued patient care.
- Completes additional clerical duties as assigned.
- Provides for patient safety in compliance with hospital and physician practice policies.
- Utilizes two forms of patient identification before implementing any form of patient care.
- Labels all patient specimens with identifiers per policy.
- Uses patient identifiers on all forms of written documentation, including notes and point of care testing results.
- Adheres to infection control process, including standard precautions, to reduce the risk of acquiring or transmitting infections.
- Demonstrates accountability for professional development.
- Demonstrates an ability to solve problems independently and seeks assistance from immediate when appropriate
- Maintains accountability for own actions.
- Effectively functions as a resource person.
- Acts as a patient advocate.
- Performs effectively in the role of preceptor/mentor to new hires/students.
- Assists in maintaining/decreasing organizational/departmental costs.
- Assists in organizational compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Assists in continuous survey readiness or inspections and surveys.
- Performs all quality control, monitoring functions and reports out of range information immediately to supervisor.
- Consistently practices National Patient Safety Goals.
- Facilitates interpersonal communication on a routine basis.
- Interacts with external customers in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Interacts with co-workers and internal customers in a respectful and professional manner.
- Knowledge and/or ability schedule surgery, procedures, and testing for patients. This also includes management of provider schedule and collaboration with hospital and outpatient facilities where applicable for practice location.
- Supports performance improvement initiatives in the physician practices.
- Assists with data collection as directed.
- Incorporates into practice performance improvement initiative that have been implemented.
- Maintains the environment of care.
- Ensures supplies are replenished daily.
- Consistently maintains a clean safe environment.
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant school or Certified by the PA Department of Health as an EMT-Paramedic or Emergency Medical Technician.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) approved curriculum of the American Heart Association (CPR and AED) program.
- Paramedics must be certified by the PA Department of Health as an EMT-Paramedic. Emergency Medical Technicians must be certified by the PA Department of Health as an EMT.
- Act 73
- Functional Skills on PC and Related Software (Microsoft Office)
- Knowledge of basic Office Equipment such as copier, fax machine, etc.
- Previous outpatient office experience. Current Registration (RMO) or Certification (CMA) to practice as a medical assistant in the State of Pennsylvania.