General Nutrition Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead UX/UI Designer
at General Nutrition Corporation
- Job ID
- # Positions
- 300 6TH AVENUE
- Postal Code
We are seeking colleagues that make us better designers and engineers. Specifically, we are looking for User Experience/ User Interface Designers who are:
De-constructors and Makers. They break down large challenges into fundamentals while embracing a make-it-happen approach to stimulate thinking and discover solutions. We are looking for those people because they best fit an environment where we immerse ourselves in the details of individual solutions yet stay goal-oriented enough to avoid delay.
Human Centered. They practice user observations and fundamental user research in order to learn the user’s goals, down to the subtle nuances that will help guide design and UX development processes. We strive to make our solutions fit our user’s world, mindset, and tasks.
Visual and Tactile. They create digital products that are completed to the appropriate level of craft for the current stage of product development– to help themselves think, communicate, and test concepts/interfaces. They know how to ramp up quickly to become an expert in a domain. Our design team retains a persistent craving to explore and decompose the customer’s domain and their professional craft of thorough research, user workflow, interface sketching, and interaction/experience design.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting user observation, research methods, and analysis to understand and break down the challenges of the Ecommerce domain
- Transitioning those challenges into user requirements from a Human Centered Design perspective in a traceable, repeatable process
- Visually capturing or representing user research artifacts (stakeholder maps, decision and information needs, roadmaps, domain workflows, etc.) to further critical thinking and communication both internally and externally
- Facilitating brainstorming and/or design sessions both internally and externally with customers
- Mock up and prototype customer journeys
- Design and present flows, wireframes and visual mockups as well as rapid prototypes
- Work closely with front-end developers and project managers to implement UI solutions and ensure the technology fully executes on the vision and requirements.
- Maintain overall UI quality and design systems for consistency and ongoing improvement across all web experiences
- Develop, document and communicate digital guidelines and standards across GNC.com.
Digital project management experience or comfortable self-guiding and prioritizing a team of designers to keep track of timelines, requirements and workflow.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Human Sciences or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key accountabilities of the job required
- Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s) preferred
- 3-5 or more years of disciplined, industry standard processes
- Prior managerial/supervisory experience a plus
- E-commerce experience a must
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite – Illustrator, Photoshop
- Sketch, Zeplin, Invision, or protyping software
- User Zoom or Clicktale experience
- At least 5+ years of UI/UX design experience
- Strong understanding of interactive design practices & processes across web and mobile
- Proven graphic design skills, including strength in typography and information/interaction design
- Strong multitasking, written/verbal communication skills
- Proven experience leading UI/UX teams
- High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to work overtime as necessary
General Nutrition Centers International is an Equal Opportunity Employer