Wisconsin Bank & Trust
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Consumer Line of Business CFO
at Wisconsin Bank & Trust
Wisconsin Bank & Trust is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The Consumer Line of Business CFO is the lead financial manager for the Retail and Private Banking Lines of Business including the support of the Member Banks for both segments. This position is responsible to support the strategic direction of the Retail and Private Banking Lines of Business as well as consumer products including mortgage, credit card and consumer lending to ensure that financial objectives are achieved. In addition, this position will work with the EVP Head of Consumer, Member Bank Presidents and Wealth Management Regional Market Leaders to develop and deliver a management reporting structure which includes monthly close reporting, quarterly forecasting, an annual plan and strategic plan. The Consumer Line of Business CFO will develop key business metrics aligned with business drivers and financials to support management decisions. This role will also design and maintain financial analysis for the Consumer Line of Business to achieve growth goals while managing risk.
- Serves as the financial strategic partner to the EVP Head of Consumer, Member Bank Presidents and Wealth Management Regional Market Leaders.
- Partners with the EVP Head of Consumer and Wealth Management Regional Market Leaders to develop the short-term and long-term strategic vision/direction for the Consumer Line of Business across the member banks, considering economic trends, and estimating capital and human resource requirements associated with both business expansion opportunities and process improvement initiatives.
- Provides recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Contributes to the development and execution of Retail and Private Banking business plans, models and initiatives across the Member Banks in support of Consumer Bank strategic initiatives.
- Accountable for the financial management of the Consumer business.
- Establishes and achieves top quartile financial performance objectives and goals.
- In conjunction with the Corporate Budget Process, oversees the annual budget preparation for the Consumer Line of Business, including the Member Banks, to ensure proper alignment with strategic goals and market opportunities, and incorporates appropriate input from all Heartland functional units.
- Interprets and communicates monthly financial statements and other financial data by offering compelling insights and ideas to enhance and drive revenue growth, reduce costs and improve the overall financial performance of the Consumer business.
- Creates forecast projections aligned with current performance and taking market conditions into consideration. Identifies areas of risk and opportunity within forecast and partners with the EVP Head of Consumer, Member Bank Presidents and Wealth Management Regional Market Leaders while partnering with Regional CFO’s to ensure financial objectives are achieved.
- Builds and maintains a FP&A infrastructure for the Consumer Line of Business to provide analysis to meet financial objectives.
- Creates consistent Retail and Private Banking financial statement balance sheet and P&L reports for close and forecast that are standardized across all business units within the Consumer Line of Business.
- Owns and is responsible for ensuring entity, account, product hierarchy structure with appropriate roll ups for close, forecast and plan are maintained with the key financial reporting systems and data warehouse.
- Identifies business key performance metrics that are drivers of financial performance. Integrates key metrics into reporting environment. Owns and is responsible for defining and ensuring that the data governance needs of the Consumer Line of Business are met and delivered through the data warehouse to ensure consistency across the organization.
- Partners with Corporate Treasury to develop, manage and deliver Funds Transfer Pricing methodology for Consumer loan and deposit products for accurate net interest margin.
- Defines management reporting requirements that support effective decision making for the Consumer Line of Business.
- Manages changes to reports, ensuring that changes become standardized and are integrated into the controlled production reporting environment.
- Leads the analysis of the Consumer Line of Business and for Consumer Products in the Member Banks.
- Proactively partners with EVP Head of Consumer, Member Bank Presidents and Wealth Management Regional Market Leaders to increase shareholder value by (1) identifying opportunities to improve net income, (2) developing financial methodologies and tools for use in loan and deposit pricing, budgeting and planning, and (3) interpreting and assisting to drive accountability to achieve goals at the bank, branch, product, and officer levels.
- Provides financial leadership and guidance to EVP Head of Consumer, Member Bank Presidents and Wealth Management Regional Market Leaders including benchmarks regarding the Consumer Line of Business’ revenue and cost structure to driving efficiencies and top quartile performance.
- Manages Consumer deposit pricing partnering with EVP Head of Consumer, Member Bank Presidents, Wealth Management Regional Market Leaders, Regional CFO’s and Treasury to support deposit growth.
- Creates alignment between Corporate Finance, Heartland functional units, LOB’s and the member Banks on Consumer Line of Business analysis standards.
- Branch distribution analysis using branch profitability and market information to evaluate closure and expansion decisions.
- Manages Wealth Management personal net asset flows and pricing for volume and rate changes including understanding the client level changes and impact to the P&L.
- Manages Mortgage production, P&L gain/loss and mortgage servicing rights business measurements and related impacts on balance sheet and P&L.
- Leads and drives the implementation of agreed upon changes.
- Supports Retail and Private Banking Compensation Plan financial calculations and metrics.
- Coordinates and assists Corporate ALCO in the preparation and analysis of quarterly interest earnings simulation and net economic value sensitivity forecasts. Utilizes the forecasts to set the strategic direction of the Consumer Line of Business for earnings, liquidity and capital.
- Communicates complex financial issues in a clear and concise manner to ALCO, executive management, senior managers, member Bank boards, regulators and both internal and external auditors.
- Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works with department staff on individual professional development and career development opportunities. Facilitates team members in creating individual goals and development plans that align with the department goals.
- Works with Heartland Financials’ Talent Acquisition team to identify and hire the most qualified and talented individuals to fill open positions.
- Provides information and on-going feedback to department staff regarding expectations and performance, salary adjustments and/or promotions.
- Addresses and resolves all performance concerns and issues in a timely manner.
- Prepares and conducts annual performance reviews within established deadlines.
- Directly supervises a staff of up to 3 Financial Analysts.
- Bachelors Accounting, Business Administration/Management, Finance required
- Masters Finance preferred
- 10+ years accounting and finance experience with financial leadership role(s) in banking required
- 7-10 years experience with budgeting, forecasting and financial reporting required
- Knowledge of Consumer banking operations and FDIC regulations required
- Strong understanding of bank products, cash flow, and risk attributes
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Wisconsin Bank & Trust offers you friendly, exceptional service and great banking products. As a customer, you will have the unique opportunity to develop a relationship with banking professionals who really care about you. We take pride in giving our customers the very best banking experience possible.
Our unmatched dedication to customer service is strengthened by our parent company, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. , a multi billion dollar financial services company that matches our loyalty to the principles of community banking. Our shared values coupled with Heartland's powerful services bring you the personal attention you deserve, backed by the products and services that make Great Things Happen!
Wisconsin Bank & Trust’s team of leaders is fully committed to serving our clients, employees and community.
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will