NHS Human Services, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse - Coraopolis/Allegheny Valley School
at NHS Human Services, Inc.
Job TitleRegistered Nurse - Coraopolis/Allegheny Valley School
Location1992 Ewings Mill Road-6010W
Shift2nd Shift - no week-ends
Schedule-Week 1Monday - Friday (2:30 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.)
Schedule-Week 2Monday - Friday (2:30 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.)
Allegheny Valley Schools/NHS is currently seeking Registered Nurse to join our NHS IDD in our Coraopolis location
This position is Enhanced Pay Eligible!!! Successful applicants have the option to receive an additional $2/hr for all hours paid!
Earn up to $25.00 per hour!
With a rich tradition spanning almost 50 years, NHS is at the forefront of providing care and services to people with special needs. Today NHS, through its subsidiaries, is a leading provider of community-based, non-profit education and human services. More than 10,000 employees provide care to almost 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, and Michigan. NHS has developed a unique continuum of care providing services in the areas of mental health, addictive diseases, education, foster care and permanency, autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and many more specialized programs.
WHAT NHS HAS TO OFFER
- The stability that comes with working for a national leader providing education and human services to individuals with special needs
- Highly competitive compensation plans
- Career advancement opportunities in a rapidly growing company
- Flexible scheduling
- Benefits for all employees including marketplace savings program (discounts on cell phone plans, shopping, travel and more); Wellness programs (including discounted gym memberships, mail order prescription plans); legal and financial services; 24-hour nurse hotline; life/disability coverage; and Employee Assistance Program
- Benefits for qualifying employees including medical, dental & vision coverage; flexible spending account; 403B retirement plan with company contribution
- Generous PTO plans including vacation, sick, and holiday pay for qualifying employees
New!! -- We have the compensation and benefits package that will meet your individual needs!! You choose between "Enhanced Pay" or "Enhanced Benefits"!!
Depending on your needs and/or the needs of your family, you choose between higher pay (and a full range of base benefits) or unbelievable benefits (and competitive pay)!! You will be free to choose from:
- "Enhanced Pay" -- Competitive wage + an additional $2.00 per hour for all hours worked. Option to select a base medical plan + a full range of company paid benefits.
- "Enhanced Benefits" -- Competitive wage + an option to select from 4 comprehensive medical plans for you and your family where 70%-100% of the premiums are paid by NHS. Also includes a full range of additional company paid benefits.
Additional company paid benefits include: Paid vacation, personal, sick and holiday time; Retirement plan with company match; Employee referral bonuses; Tuition reimbursement; Free life insurance and short-term & long-term disability insurance; Discounts on multiple items to include cars, cell phone plans, computers etc.; and much more!!
This is a professional position which involves providing direct nursing care to persons with developmental and physical disabilities and maintaining their medical records to comply with current nursing practice and state regulation. This position reports to Health Services Supervisor and/or Assistant Health Services Supervisor. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Routine health assessments.
- Ensure annual physicals are updated before examination by PCP.
- Maintain health records/charts.
- Ensure completion of 90 day physician reviews.
- Review incoming labs and consults.
- Ensure needed orders are obtained and faxed to pharmacy.
- Will complete reports, including any incident reports in a timely manner.
- Parental notifications as indicated.
- Will work with LPN to ensure nursing care and documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Apply Online: www.nhsonline.org/careers
In addition to completing your application, please feel free to email your resume directly to our recruiter at Mackenzie.Thomas@nhsonline.org.
Requisition Number: 27679
In order to receive interview consideration, you must apply online at the NHS Career Center within 48 hours of submitting your resume via email to our recruiter. We appreciate your interest in opportunities at NHS -- and look forward to talking with you soon.
NHS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Current Registered Nurse License required.
- One year of current nursing experience is preferred.
- Genuine interest in working with persons with physical and developmental disabilities.