Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineer IV, Software Quality
Cranberry Township, PA
Software Engineer IV, Software Quality
Want to be part of the team that’s taking the healthcare industry by storm by engineering systems that have a significant impact on patient care, healthcare spend and population health management? Do you want to be part of our organization in the continued development of a data pipeline using AI for predictive analytics and benchmarking? Do you thrive in an agile environment that values sustainable quality over velocity and encourage team members’ direct participation? If you answered yes to any of these questions, Omnicell is looking for you.
Omnicell has an opening for a Software Engineer IV, Software Quality to join our Software Engineering Team located in Cranberry Township, PA. As a platform team member, you will work with a team of engineers on our cloud data platform that streams data from a variety of health care software and hardware systems in real-time to create transformational recommendations for our customers. Each day you will make a positive impact on healthcare while working with the latest technologies.
Omnicell’s customers range from clinicians in large hospitals to manage their own medication regiment from home. It is our mission to improve healthcare for everyone. We do this by removing unnecessary manual processes that allow caregivers to focus on what matters; the patient. We also help patients who are talking medications succeed in being adherent to their medication regimen, keeping them healthier and reducing their overall healthcare spend.
- Design, develop, and maintain automated test frameworks and scripts – application and data pipelines
- Establish and enforce the quality standards for application area under control
- Works with multiple scrum teams (onshore and offshore) to ensure product deliverables are of top-notch quality
- Understands the drivers and requirements of the business and translates those into tests
- Creates unit, functional, and integration testing environment or components and root cause analyses (replicate, debug) for moderate features with limited assistance
- Works with design, development, and the Product Owner to identify high-risk test areas early in the development process
- Designs and reviews test plans and test cases with limited assistance
- Meets the definition of done and follows the quality practices in the team. Documents defects and failures in accordance with the quality standards
- Responsible for working on business-critical products that operate 24/7/365 and are distributed nationwide to many clients
- Troubleshoots complex problems with existing or newly-developed software by both product behavior and reading code
- Proficient with Agile testing methodologies and best practices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills - Ability to organize, analyze and execute several concurrent tasks and activities
- Excellent communication, including the ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years’ experience in/with:
- functional, integration, white box, and black box testing
- Test Process
- 5+ years’ experience in Automated Testing Tools (e.g. Jasmine, Selenium, RanoRex, Protractor)
- 4 years’ experience in testing high performance, highly scalable solutions deployed on the cloud
- 2+ Years’ experience working in a cloud platform such as AWS, Microsoft Azure
- 1+ years’ experience with testing for big data.
- Demonstrable experience in:
- leadership role leading quality practice across team
- coding to build automation frameworks in .net or similar programming language
- Experience in one or more of the following: GUI testing; web application testing; business intelligence or data warehouse testing and various software & hardware platform
- Master Degree
- 6+ years’ experience in Automated Testing Tools (e.g. Jasmine, Selenium, RanoRex, Protractor)
- 4+ years’ experience working in a cloud platform such as AWS, Microsoft Azure
- 3+ years’ experience in software engineering
- 2+ years’ experience with testing for big data.
- Demonstrable understanding of Service Oriented Architecture
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Omnicell is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer Males/Females/Disabled/VET/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity