Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mechanical Engineer III - Temporary
Mechanical Engineer III
Omnicell, Inc. is currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our engineering team located in Warrendale, PA. The Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for design, layout, testing, and evaluation of mechanical and electromechanical devices and systems. They will work as part of a multi-disciplinary product development team to assess customer needs, generate and analyze concepts, create requirements and specifications, and perform formal risk assessments. They will design parts and sub-assemblies, participate in cross-functional design reviews, and support the transition of projects from development to manufacturing and field service. They will create fabrication and assembly drawings as well as check drawings to ensure they meet specification and follow best industry practices. Most importantly, the ME exhibits the desire and ability to collaborate, and excels in teamwork and communication. Omnicell is all about continuous improvement, and this professional thrives in such an environment.
- Performs static and dynamic design and analysis of mechanical devices and systems.
- Solves complex problems that require in-depth analysis involving multiple factors.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary teams to develop and/or evaluate technical solutions.
- Possesses advanced knowledge of applicable products, markets, and business fundamentals.
- Leads sub-assembly development tasks; assigns work; resolves technical issues.
- Possesses thorough understanding of engineering's relationship with other departments.
- Plans and directs hardware design, build, integrate, test, and troubleshooting activities.
- Conducts feasibility studies of hardware designs, exercising judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria.
- Supports execution of Failure Modes and Effect Analysis (FMEA) of system level and sub-system level designs to identify high risk areas.
- Mentors and coordinates the work of junior engineers.
- Provides customer support, which may include travel to off-site locations to evaluate issues.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or another Engineering discipline.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- 5+ years of Mechanical Design Engineering experience
- Experience designing electro-mechanical devices and robotic systems and sub-assemblies
- Proficient in 3D design using CREO (Pro/Engineer) within a product development environment
- Strong working knowledge of DFM, including familiarity with GD&T
- Experience with DFSS methodologies during the design validation and product launch
- Experience with Bills of Materials and MRP systems
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Experience in a project leadership role, as well as a supervisory role
- Able to effectively solve problems, work independently on system level designs, and multi-task
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter capable of working independently and as part of a cross-functional, collaborative team
- Able to troubleshoot and debug complex electro-mechanical issues
- Highly motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to travel nationally and internationally
- Legally authorized to work in United States
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with SAP, Agile PLM, and Windchill
- Experience with Product ECN / ECO processes
- Experience with AutoCAD, Solid Works, and LabView
- Experience with UL, FDA QS Regulation, ISO 13485, or other regulatory environments
- Office Environment
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Omnicell is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer Males/Females/Disabled/VET/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity