Performance Review Institute
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Performance Review Institute
This Forgings Auditor position is an excellent opportunity for recent retirees or consultants that have experience with the forgings disciplines of open die, closed die, ring rolling, isothermal, hammer, press, extrusion, heat treating equipment and the associated controls, key alloy systems: steel, nickel, titanium, and aluminum.
Our auditors enjoy traveling domestically and/or internationally, a flexible schedule (some auditors perform 1 or 2 audits a month, while others desire to audit every week), competitive compensation that includes a daily rate plus travel expenses, meeting new people and keeping in touch with technology and the latest developments, networking with other industry professionals.
To learn more about this auditor position, please review these General Guidelines.
The ideal auditor candidate will possess most of the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s Degree in material science /metallurgy or other related Engineering degree OR
- High School Diploma or equivalent, and minimum 5 years forging industry experience, preferably in aerospace. Post high school qualifications preferred
- Experience across a number of forging disciplines preferred: open die, closed die, ring rolling, isothermal, hammer, press, extrusion.
- Experience of heating equipment and associated controls
- Experience of key alloy systems – steel, nickel, titanium, aluminium
- Auditing experience.
- Note: Certification as a recognized Quality Auditor or auditing experience considered a plus
- Familiarity with applicable specifications:
- Aerospace OEM/Primes forging process and material specifications
- Industry material specifications
- Membership of a professional institute – e.g. ASM, IOM3 - considered a plus