Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounts Payable Associate
at rue21, inc.
- Job ID
- Finance and Accounting
The Accounts Payable Associate will perform daily functions including processing invoices, performing check runs or accruals, and filing documents to ensure vendors are paid accurately and efficiently while ensuring company policies are met.
- Enforce and communicate company policies with respect to payments and expense reimbursement
- Process expense, merchandise, and expense reports in accordance with rue21 policy in order to process vendor invoices in a timely manner.
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports
- Accurate filing of vendor invoices, expense reports, vendor forms, and check run folders
- Maintain daily communication with internal customers and vendors
- Assistance in reviewing the balance sheet and P&L accounts
- Provide assistance as needed in year-end audit process
- Maximize the use of new and emerging technologies
- Associates Degree of higher in Finance or Accounting preferred
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in a high volume environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Excel
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail and deadlines
- Handle multiple priorities
- Familiarity with computer systems
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- Ability to adapt well to change in direction and priority in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Results Orientation: demonstrates the ability to consistently deliver business results by meeting deadlines and achieving goals
- Communication: effectively conveys information and ideas in concise and meaningful exchanges through written and verbal communication
- Teamwork/Collaboration: effectively develops relationships and encourages idea-sharing that facilitates the accomplishment of goals
- Initiative: proactively seeks opportunities to work outside of job scope to assist department or cross-functional team and demonstrates the ability to go beyond what is required to achieve goals
- Personal Adaptability: demonstrates the ability to embrace change and effectively adjusts to new or altered processes within the business environment