Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Systems Analyst
at rue21, inc.
- Job ID
- Information Technology
The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for partnering with IT and business teams to support process improvement with technology solutions that drive the growth and objectives of rue21. The Business Systems Analyst will be responsible for supporting, maintaining, and training on multiple retail enterprise systems; primarily merchandise and distribution systems. The Business Systems Analyst will be responsible for following the Software Development Life Cycle to assist the business in testing and implementing the latest technology solutions.
- Develop and execute detailed test plans for unit, system and user acceptance testing
- Partner with the business to translate business requirements into functional/technical specification or source system analysis documents
- Support, maintain and enhance information delivery capabilities
- Lead working sessions with key business and technical team members for the purpose of defining business outcomes and requirements
- Seek to understand the business processes and problems; offer solutions based on leveraging the process and data flow
- Provide analysis support as the in-house expert for assigned projects
- Respond to ad hoc analysis requests and collaborate with test resources to validate test cases and resolutions
- Participate in all phases of the SDLC
- Conduct application troubleshooting
- Complete all other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field required
- 2 – 4 years’ business systems analyst experience in corporate, preferably retail, environment
- Preferable experience with retail Merchandise systems, Distribution systems, Island Pacific, and AS400
- Passionate about understanding the data behind the “scenes” and researching the data using SQL.
- Retail industry knowledge required
- Experience with data gathering; including the ability to translate large amounts of data into actionable insights
- Demonstrated strong logical and technical troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with and influence business partners
- Strong, professional and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail and deadlines
- Ability to adapt well to change in direction and priority in a fast- paced and deadline-oriented environment