Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Coordinator
at rue21, inc.
- Job ID
- Human Resources
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for facilitating the day-to-day activities and administrative operations of the HR department. The HR Coordinator will support HR initiatives and projects and represent the HR Department internally and externally, requiring a high level of composure, flexibility and proven customer service skills.
- Handling the administrative operations of the HR department and supporting Senior Management by acting as the point person for Human Resources matters, including acting as a resource for HR related questions, information gathering, internal reporting and/or external communication with candidates or vendors.
- Maintaining a solid understanding of the Human Resources organization and independently managing daily communications and expectations; proactively and independently managing and maintaining consistent day-to-day internal communications.
- Developing, compiling and providing input on various internal and external reports including Organizational Charts, Open Jobs Report and other ad hoc reporting needs which require the summarizing of data and the delivery of analysis, most often in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Coordinating Support Center candidate interviews for candidates, to include: synchronizing schedules, sending calendar appointments, making travel arrangements, communication travel arrangements, coordinating lunches or refreshments, routing schedules/resumes, meeting/greeting candidates upon arrival, conducting tours, and gathering feedback from interviewer(s).
- Act as HR point person for all new hires to ensure a smooth transition into the business, including a 90 day check in.
- Managing department expenses and attendance records, ordering supplies, planning events, keeping calendars, and creating and/or scheduling meetings and incoming / outgoing communications for the Human Resources Department. Act as the liaison with other departments to ensure successful communication and workflow.
- Proactively managing competing demands, (often with multiple interruptions) successfully prioritizing the short and long-term with grace and style, ensuring superb customer service and communication in every interaction.
- Represent the company with honesty, integrity, enthusiasm and knowledge.
- 0-1 years of corporate-level support, preferably within Human Resources of a large, multi-channel environment.
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Business, or Communications required.
- Must have exceptional computer skills, including a high degree of proficiency in Power Point, Word, Excel and other MS Office applications.
- Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality. This position is exposed to confidential information related to the strategic initiatives undertaken by the Company.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Confidence in dealing with all levels in an organization, including Senior Management.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, and presentation skills
- Ability to operate independently while establishing strong working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams
- Strong, professional and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to foster a positive and motivating work environment, encouraging feedback and innovation
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail and deadlines
- Ability to adapt well to change in direction and priority in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Results Orientation: demonstrates the ability to consistently deliver business results by meeting deadlines and achieving goals
- Communication: effectively conveys information and ideas in concise and meaningful exchanges through written and verbal communication
- Teamwork/Collaboration: effectively develops relationships and encourages idea-sharing that facilitates the accomplishment of goals
- Initiative: proactively seeks opportunities to work outside of job scope to assist department or cross-functional team and demonstrates the ability to go beyond what is required to achieve goals
- Personal Adaptability: demonstrates the ability to embrace change and effectively adjusts to new or altered processes within the business environment