Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager - Photo Studio
at rue21, inc.
- Job ID
The Manager of Studio Photography will be responsible for developing and maintaining photography standards for all studio based photography and ensuring that other photographers are trained and consistently adhering to set standards. The Manager of Studio Photography will also photograph still-life, laydowns, tabletop and on figure product on a daily basis and collaborate with Manager of Photo Studio Operations to ensure deadlines are met on a consistent basis. This position will also be responsible for file management, equipment maintenance and studio upkeep.
- Establish, maintain and oversee all lighting scenarios, photography bays and backgrounds for all on figure and product photography; update as needed.
- Light, style, compose and photograph a wide range of retail products both on table-top and on figure to be presented on the rue21 website as well as for social media, marketing, store signage, look books and PR.
- Works to achieve high productivity and quality of photography by continuing to streamline workflow in order to support studio initiatives and projects.
- Works with manager of photo studio operations on determining weekly shoot schedule.
- Oversee studio team to ensure best practices are followed on daily basis and priorities are being met in a timely fashion.
- Maintains and monitors quality and consistency of all photography.
- Works closely with the manager of photo studio operations, retouchers, photographers, stylists and merchandising team to accurately represent all products online, update as needed according to industry standards and trends.
- Supervise file management, server organization, back-ups and archiving of studio imagery.
- Oversee and maintain reference guides and diagrams for all lighting scenarios; update image “match-back” files as needed.
- Ensures the working order, storage, loss prevention and maintenance of cameras, equipment, supplies and upkeep of photo studio workspace.
- Complete special projects, as needed, both on- and off-site.
- Trains, mentors associate, and ecomm photographers as needed.
- Ensures monthly monitor calibrations are performed on all studio computers.
- Bachelors Degree of higher in Photography or related field
- 6+ years experience in studio based Photography; both on figure and table top.
- 2+ years management experience
- Working knowledge of studio lighting and shooting in studios
- Video production and editing skills a plus
- Must be proficient on both PC and MAC platform