Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at rue21, inc.
- Job ID
The Merchandise Coordinator will support the assigned Buyers and Assistant Buyers with purchase order (PO) entry/maintenance, vendor communication, and sample management.
- Maintain and finalize all purchase orders (PO) within merchandise management system
- Partner with Buyers and Vendors to define and enter PO criteria such as size, color, description, style, pricing, etc.; adjust purchase orders to reflect price changes, extension dates, and cancelation of orders
- Review weekly flow reports for on-order merchandise, monitor for inconsistencies, and obtain approval for changes
- Monitor advance shipping notices (ASN's) for product category and communicate changes to Buyers/Assistant Buyers for revisions to anticipated receipt of product
- Participate in cross-functional meetings and contribute to projects
- Complete all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Fashion Merchandising, Business or related field required
- One+ year work experience in retail customer service and/or sales
- Prior retail experience preferred
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, and presentation skills
- Ability to operate independently while establishing strong working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams
- Strong, professional and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to foster a positive and motivating work environment, encouraging feedback and innovation
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail and deadlines
- Ability to adapt well to change in direction and priority in a fast- paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Results Orientation: demonstrates the ability to consistently deliver business results by meeting deadlines and achieving goals
- Communication: effectively conveys information and ideas in concise and meaningful exchanges through written and verbal communication
- Teamwork/Collaboration: effectively develops relationships and encourages idea-sharing that facilitates the accomplishment of goals
- Initiative: proactively seeks opportunities to work outside of job scope to assist department or cross-functional team and demonstrates the ability to go beyond what is required to achieve goals
- Personal Adaptability: demonstrates the ability to embrace change and effectively adjusts to new or altered processes within the business environment