Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Product Development Technician
at rue21, inc.
- Job ID
The Product Development Technician will fit, measure, and approve specification and garment construction including color, fabric and trim. Manage all Vendor-to-Buyer communication and feedback, technical changes, sample tracking, and help to coordinate product development from concept through shipping.
- Measure samples point by point when submitted by Vendors.
- Lead weekly fittings.
- Write and communicate all fit comments to Vendors after each fitting.
- Create and maintain final graded specs.
- Establish, monitor and maintain fit, construction and workmanship standards for your product categories and ensure consistency across all Vendors.
- Approve strike offs, lab dips and fabric specifications.
- Responsible for accurate record keeping of fit sessions, samples and communication regarding product specifications.
- Responsible for tracking, receiving and processing TOP samples.
- Assist on projects and initiatives as needed within the Product Development Team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Design or Fashion Merchandising, or related field
- Prior retail experience a plus
- Knowledge of pattern corrections, product construction, grading and all other parts of the garment preferred
- Knowledge of fabrications and eye for color
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Excellent analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving and organization skills
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams
- Strong, professional and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to foster a positive and motivating work environment, encouraging feedback and innovation
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail and deadlines
- Ability to adapt well to change, multitask and work in a fast paced environment.