Smithfield Foods, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Relief Route Sales Representative - Military Veteran **Sign-On Bonus Eligible
at Smithfield Foods, inc.
- Job Locations
- Direct Store Delivery
- FLSA Status
- 1st Shift
- IndSPR- Direct Store Delivery
Join the growing community of 1700+ military veterans working at Smithfield Foods!
Route Sales Representatives (RSRs) at Smithfield Foods help deliver Good Food, Responsibly to America’s dinner table. RSRs will be resposible for their own routes or act as a relief on routes in their assigned branch location. Military Veterans have shown to be a great fit in these roles across the country.
Smithfield Salutes, our Veterans Business Resource Group, is working to make the transition from military to civilian life a seamless one for you and your family. We encourage military veterans to apply for any job at Smithfield Foods that matches your ability to lead, fix, problem solve, fix or create. For more information visit: www.smithfieldfoods.com/veterans.
RSRs at Smithfield deliver products to customer, stocks retail cases and rotates inventory in customers coolers as required. This can be physically demanding work that requires keen attention to detail, a strong work ethic, and custom service skills.
Other responsibilities include:
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from local management, newspapers, business directories and other sources.
- Travels through assigned territory in Company route truck to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit and deliver orders - route may require overnight travel.
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples and emphasizes salable features.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales invoices for orders obtained and collects cash or checks for prior sales.
- Prepares end of day reports of business transactions, places future orders for sales, prepares deposit slips for cash and checks collected, reviews days sales and informs local management on any unresolved issues or opportunities.
- Maintains daily Department of Transportation reports i.e. Daily Trip Report and Time Logs and provides to local management as required.
- Maintains daily truck inventory and does weekly physical inventory and reports any variations to local management.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- A minimum of two (2) years of military service, active duty or reserve.
- May be required to work long hours and weekends
Applicants must also be willing and able to:
- High School Diploma/GED, required.
- A valid Driver's License required and a valid CDL-B Driver’s License will be required within 90 days of start date.
- Federal Regulations require individuals in this position to be 21 years of age.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal or schedule form.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages and volume.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.