The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Security Monitor - Alle Kiski
at The Geo Group
Facility: ALLE KISKI
Compensation Base: $13.00
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Programs and services currently offered at Alle Kiski Pavilion include,12-step programs, bible study, church service, Fresh Start program, job readiness program, Introduction to Arnold group, work release, education & vocational programs, violence prevention, transitional issues, domestic violence, drug education program, smoking cessation, fatherhood skills, life skills, film series, addictive recovery groups, and community service.
This is a full time position, with benefits and PTO. Our security staff works 8 hour shifts with overtime as needed. Our facility is operational 24/7.
Wages are $13.00 per hour.
Shifts worked are the following 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM , 4:00 PM -12:00 AM and 12:00 AM -8:00 AM. Your schedule may vary, based on facility needs.
- This position maintains an orderly environment within the assigned unit or area of the facility and performs standard operating procedures in accordance with facility policies and procedures and required Company and the client’s contractual requirement. This position follows daily schedules and performs the duties of this position in an exemplary manner at all times.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises all resident movement within the assigned unit or area.
- Reports resident accidents or injuries to supervisor.
- Provides orientation to new residents and discharges others
- Performs scheduled resident headcounts and completes written count reports.
- Conducts daily inspections and searches of resident sleeping quarters and body searches as necessary.
- When assigned, monitors eye drug testing.
- Reports all resident behavioral problem incidents in writing to supervisor and conducts appropriate crisis intervention.
- Collects urine samples for random and routine substance abuse screenings of residents.
- Transports residents by company vehicle to out-of-facility appointments.
- Monitors security cameras to maintain safe and secure orderly environment for residents.
- Enforces the facility’s rules of conduct with the residents.
- Supervises resident visitations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; one year general work experience.
- Ability to serve as a model for resident behavior; good interpersonal skills.
- Required skills include: time management and organizational skills.
- Valid, active driver's license may be required.
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.