The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SECURITY SHIFT SUPERVISOR
at The Geo Group
Facility: ALLE KISKI
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
SECURITY SHIFT SUPERVISOR
The Shift Supervisor plans, assigns, directs, and inspects the activities of the security personnel and other related duties as assigned. This position also provides first-level supervision, technical assistance, and training. Responsible for assigning and directing the day-to-day activities for his/her shift. Duties are carried out within the framework of established policies, procedures, and guidelines. Overall, provides for maximum facility coordination, safety, and the preparation of records and reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responds to and provides direction during emergency situations throughout the facility. Conducts investigations on reported violations of rules and regulations. Effectively responds in a reasonable time frame to any location within the facility
- Conducts shift meetings on an as-needed basis, but at least monthly. Ensures staff complies with applicable post orders, operating procedures, etc., as they related to the daily functions and responsibilities of the security department
- Directs and assists in the apprehension of eloped/escaped residents, and coordinates these actions with law enforcement agencies. Directs and participates in searches for employees and residents.
- Ensures that accurate reports and other documentation is completed by subordinates. Conducts in-service training as needed on security/safety procedures, measures, practices, and procedures.
- Plans and implements adequate shift coverage. Prepares and completes review and performance-planning documents of subordinate staff within the specified time frames. Directs and assists in the security checks of buildings, doors, windows, locks, fences, and alarm systems
- Demonstrates understanding of risk management program, environmental checks, and seclusion/restraint, and disaster procedures
- Is sensitive to cultural diversity issues, treats residents as individuals, and considers the culture of the resident in performing job duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Must exhibit leadership qualities to gain respect of all employees
- Able to operate a PC with a basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Access.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of leadership experience in providing custody or care of inmates or residents in the criminal justice system