Uber Technologies, inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Map Quality Team Lead, Self-Driving
at Uber Technologies, inc
- Advanced Technologies Group - Software Engineering
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
The Map Quality Team Lead will lead a team of experienced Quality Specialists. The Quality Team Lead will be in charge of running the process improvement processes to track the quality of our map and mapping operations across teams, and will help provide a better customer support experience. The individual in this role will lead a team, organizing and driving projects which generate quality insights, provide feedback to stakeholders, and improve map quality. The objective is ultimately to improve and help different teams in the business to deliver a world-class map.
The Map Quality Team Lead is a hands on, a methodical but creative thinker, who has a love of initiatives that require them to innovate, lead, influence, and think both strategically and tactically. The Quality Team Lead must thrive in the type of environment that is fast paced, constantly changing and growing. Many of the problems and challenges we face have no textbook solution, so the ability to invent is critical.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You’ll Do
You’ll be tasked with the ownership of leading and evolving the quality process improvement program, managing a team of experienced quality specialists, at a company that’s growing fast and changing constantly.
- Own success, and lead the daily operations related to quality improvement program
- Hire, lead, inspire, and motivate a Quality team: set them up for success, manage their
- performance, provide individual coaching
- Perform root-cause analysis on some specific quality issues to understand what we
- can do better, leading to initiatives that improve support quality
- Liaise with internal Uber teams in order to give feedback on what processes / training /
- tools can be improved to drive support quality
- Own projects end to end that will benefit our quality functions KPI’s, leveraging resources within and outside of your team
- Bring extensive GIS, mapping technology, and quality experience to the team
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, track milestones, and communicate progress and results to upstream and downstream stakeholders
- Ability to communicate process and procedures to a team to produce high quality output in short periods of time.
- Excels at tracking project progress, measuring performance metrics, identifying bottlenecks, and driving process improvements based on those insights.
- Evaluate team members performance and identify training needs to ensure consistency across the team.
- Ensure quality processes in place are implemented and consistent across the team in order to meet quality standards.
- Develop and drive tool requirements and identify bugs to improve Production tools, metrics, and deliverables
- Work with the Engineering team on quality tool design input and testing program
- Drive quality improvements to both processes and tools resulting in a high quality map upon release
What You’ll Need
- BS or equivalent experience in a related field
- 3 or more years experience in leading teams: Proven ability and experience leading a team of different skills and backgrounds on challenging, fast paced tasks.
- Experience evaluating Quality operators using metrics based performance reviews
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Strong project management, organizational and communication skills
- Experience in leading Quality Audit, Quality Management, Continuous improvement, Root-cause analysis, Performance Management, People Management, Process efficiency and improvement, Stakeholders management: Six Sigma Certification, Quality Manager Certification preferred
- Cross team collaboration and communication in a fast paced production or operations environmentStrong Leadership skills
- Problem Solving: Should be a strong problem solver and have good decision making abilities
- Stakeholder Management: Building trust with stakeholders would be vital
- Positive influencer: A strong Uber culture advocate a strong people’s person
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and a high level of commitment towards deliverables
- Technical (hard skills) Excel/Google Spreadsheets full fluency
- Knowledge of SQL language is ideal, not required (or eagerness to learn)
- Non-technical (soft skills) Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, strong people manager, problem solving mindset, Startup mindset, all-hands-on-deck, dedicated/hard worker
- Available for some business travel
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Boulder, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it’s not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.